Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Meg

This mission trip was absolutely incredible and life-changing. This was my first mission trip, and I honestly had no idea of all the wonderful eye-opening things that were in the week to come. This week we painted Stan and Sandra's house in Wanblee, and their hospitality and kindness was more than I could have ever imagined. They cooked us hotdogs on the first day and pizza the second. It was such a rewarding experience seeing how grateful and happy they were. They also took us out on their property, which extended all the way out to the Badlands. When we got to the Badlands, I could truly feel God's presence and how beautiful His creation was. All over Wanblee, South Dakota I could feel God's presence. There were breathtaking sunsets, motivational sermons, and amazing people in the community. I especially loved hearing Jerome Highhorse, a member of the Wanblee community, talk about God and his experiences in life. The kids in this comunity made me realize all of the happiness that they had, even though they had so little. I got really atached to these kids through endless piggyback rides, storytelling, and crafts. It was really hard to say goodbye to them. I also loved the devotionals we did every morning and Club, which was a worship service, every night. Also, the Youthworks staff was amazing. I feel so blessed that I was able to go on this trip. It strengthened my faith, opened my eyes, and made a huge impact on my life. I feel that this community did more for me than I did for them, and I'm so thankful, glad, and blesses that I was able to go on this life-changing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment