Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Ali

My favorite experience of the trip was being able to play with the children at Kids Club. I went to pick up the kids for Kids Club on Wednesday with my friend Meg and it was a very memorable experience. We drove into a neighborhood and yelled "Kids Club" and kids came pouring out of houses screaming and chanting, "Yay it's Kids Club time!" We picked up many kids and drove them back to the school on the reservation. When we unloaded the kids, one little girl came up to me and asked me if she could have a piggyback ride. I ended up giving her one for an hour and a half! We also read books and played tag. The next day she came back and when she saw me she ran up to me and hugged me. I grew so close to her in those two short days. She did more for me than I could have ever done for her. She taught me that you can be happy in any situation and that you should be grateful for what you have. As the last day came and I had to say goodbye I started crying because I was going to miss her so much! She made such an impact on my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment