Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Anne

This year was my 3rd mission trip to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Every year when the end of the week arrives I am not ready to leave. It's not that I don't feel like I'm done, it is just that I love what we do there. Having the opportunity to interact with the comunity and learn their culture is an amazing feeling. Every year that I have gone, I feel like our group builds an unbreakable bond. One of my most memorable moments of this week would have to be seeing the kids jump off of the vehicles and immediately become attached to one of the youth. Another memorable moment would be seeing the spectacular sunsets. Each year after the mission trip I feel like I look at life differently and what I have so easily available others do not. My advice to a youth (or adult) who is considering going on a mission trip is to go! It is a wild, crazy, zany adventure that I will never forget!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience. Surely you will inspire others to participate in mission work.

    ReplyDelete