Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Katie

South Dakota is my favorite trip of the summer!! I love it there. This year I learned about the Lakota culture and I had deep conversations with the locals. This is my 3rd year going and was probably the most influential year as well. I met people from Minnesota that I connected with instantly. Also, the Youthworks staff was very active this year and I actually had a good conversation with each one which is rare. One Youthworks person was named Chad and another was Neil. Both these boys taught me and some girls in our group about love and not to give your heart away to the wrong people. It opened my eyes up and I was finally able to move on. The environment on this trip was AMAZING! Everything seemed to hit home this year. The last night we did the feet washing and this is the first year I cried! I have been through a lot this year and I feel like I got so close to God and he took the pain away from me! I feel relieved. I need to continue on my journey with Christ and let him take me where I need to be! I AM HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment