Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sidney

It felt like a home last year, but returning magnified that. This week in South Dakota we served physically by painting, scraping, and playing soccer with kids; emotionally by being listening ears and loving arms; and spiritually by living for and loving for God in every moment. Second Presbyterian's youth group is one of the most God-filled places I've ever witnessed. I'm truly blessed to be a part of it. No matter how far my family goes from Roanoke, I will always feel like I belong with and love this group of God's children. They truly reflect the unity Christ wanted int he church. Going on this trip brought me back to reality (God), but more like forward. I felt God again like I did in the past but at the same time discovered Him in a new hope. Being plucked from this group of people and being thrown into a sea of new faces with no geographically near safety net was overwhelming. I blocked God out a lot this year and was hurting. This trip reaffirmed that love and hope exist and that these things aren't just some distant memory in a far away place. Being on this trip gave me hope in reality. I'm not scared anymore and I don't dread the future and long for the past. No longer will a cover up smile be what I show the world. No longer will I pretend to be happy because now it's true joy from God and I thank Him and the 2PC youth group for reminding me that exists and that it's mine. You have made me stronger to return to Purcellville, God, and showed me home is where You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment