Welcome to Second Presbyterian Youth Ministry!

Welcome to the Blog that is entirely dedicated to the youth activities at Second Presbyterian Church! Here you will find the latest information on outings and gatherings, photos, and more. Enjoy!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Madison

This was my first ever mission trip and it was such an amazing experience. This trip really opened my eyes and made me so grateful for everything I've been blessed with. The drive to South Dakota was long but so much fun. On the trip there I really bonded with everyone from 2PC, and I got to know everyone a lot better. I loved getting to see a lot of the country, and go to all the fun places we went to. Once we got to the reservation I was excited for the week, but had no idea what to expect. We were divided into different groups, and told where we would be working and when. The first two days my group worked at Kids Club, which is kind of like a day care. Playing with the kids was so much fun. I felt like I really bonded with them, especially through the countless piggy-back rides. Seeing them happy was a great feeling, since they have so lottle. The second two days my group painted Willard and Rachel's house. At first I thought I wouldn't like painting, but it was actually really enjoyable. It is an awesome feeling knowing that you are helping people out, especially when they really need it. I really enjoyed hearing Willard's Aunt Katherine's stories. I learned a lot about the Lakota culture from her stories. Willard and Rachel were so kind and appreciative, it made the experience at their house more enjoyable. I also really enjoyed getting to play with their 10 puppies who were only a few weeks old. This was such an eye-opening trip, and I feel like my relationship with God was really strengthened. The Youthworks staff was amazing, and they made the experience so enjoyable. The last night was very emotional. During Club we had the washing of the feet ceremony. Everyone in our church was crying at some point. I feel like we grew so much as individuals, and as a church, this week. I loved every second of it, and I am so grateful I got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment